The XXIX World Winter Universiade will be held in Krasnoyarsk from 2 to 12 March, 2019.
The participants of the Universiade will be about 3,000 athletes from 55 countries. The total number of tourists and visitors arriving in Krasnoyarsk will be at least 25,000 people, sporting events and award ceremony will be visited by a total of at least 200,000 people. The total number of non-resident guests of the Universiade – spectators, athletes, delegates, visitors, and partners – is expected to be about 32,000 people, mainly from the Siberian Federal District, and small flows of guests are expected from other districts of the Russian Federation, CIS countries, Europe, Asia and elsewhere.
Proposals on transport service of the 2019 Universiade take into account Russian and international experience in preparing and conducting large-scale international sporting events.
Transport planning during preparation for and holding of the Universiade is carried out to ensure the transport system of the city and the region is ready to meet the increased demand from transport system users and to ensure reliable and trouble-free transportation for all Universiade client groups and residents.
As part of developing transport service proposals for the Universiade, the following tasks were completed:
- Meeting the requirements of the International University Sports Federation (FISU) on transport service of the Winter Universiade and fulfilling the respective obligations of the host party
- Ensuring reliable, safe, comfortable and efficient transfer, arrival and departure of all Universiade client groups
- Developing the transport system of the Krasnoyarsk transportation hub as part of preparation for the Universiade
- Meeting transport and environmental safety requirements
- Providing affordable transport and a barrier-free environment for people with reduced mobility
- Encouraging the use of public transport and discouraging the use of private motor transport during the Universiade